Ga naar inhoud

Activate Keyless Remote

Aanbevolen berichten

Activate Keyless Remote

November 4, 2002

By: -=edit=-@aol.com

I purchased a 1997 Z3 1.9 roadster in June and only received one keyless entry remote, even though it came with two sets of keys. Two weeks ago, I was searching for another remote, and found that if I were to purchase a keyless remote (part # 82 11 1 469 448) at a BMW dealership, it would cost around $120. Also, if I wanted to have the remote activated, so that it would operate on my vehicle, it would cost an additional $70. For all us BMW owners out there, doesn't it seem a bit odd that you bought a $30,000 sports car, and yet BMW still feels free to charge excessive amounts of money for relatively simple things. Activating a keyless remote is a simple thing. To make a long story short, I managed to buy a copy of the instructions, on how to activate or deactivate the keyless remote, for $7. I feel that something so simple (and actually pretty fun), should not cost $70. It all boils down to highway robbery. I know that this works on a '97 Z3, and with a keyless remote part # 82 11 1 469 448, so, without further adieu, here are the instructions for activating a keyless remote on a BMW. FOR FREE!!!!

Each remote transmitter has a unique identification (ID) code. In order for a replacement remote to operate your security system, or to delete the ID code from a lost remote, you must follow the procedures detailed below so that your system's control module will learn/delete the desired ID code(s). This code-learning initialization procedure must be followed precisely within the sequence and time constraints specified, in order for the procedure to be carried out successfully.

Preparation

1. Close all doors, trunk, and hood.

2. The security system must be in "disarm" mode. The key must be removed from the ignition key slot.

Enter Code-Learning Mode

3. Open the trunk and leave it open.

4. Open the driver's door and sit in the driver's seat.

5. Close the driver's door.

6. Cycle the ignition switch five times between the "off" position and position 2 (ignition "ON", all dash warning lamps will illuminate). The red status LED will illuminate continuously, and the siren will "chirp" once, to indicate that the code-learning mode has been initiated.

DO NOT START THE ENGINE

The ignition switch cycling in step #6 must be performed within ten seconds.

The sequence in steps #1-6 must be performed within 45 seconds.

Registering/Delete ID Code(s)

7. Open driver's door, (remain seated in driver's seat)

8. Close driver's door.

9. Press and release any button on the remote you wish to register into the system. The status LED will shut off momentarily to indicate that one ID code has been registered.

10. Repeat steps 7 through 9 to register the remaining three ID codes.

Exiting Code-Learning Mode

11. Open driver's door, and exit from vehicle, leaving the door opened.

12. Close trunk.

13. Close driver's door. The LED will turn off and the siren will "chirp" twice.

14. The initialization procedure is now completed, test all remotes to confirm operation.

It is possible for the system to memorize a total of four different ID codes. As a new code is initialized into memory, the oldest code in memory is automatically deleted. If you had lost your remotes and wished to delete the lost remote ID codes from memory, you could initialize the ID code from a newly purchased replacement transmitter four times thereby deleting the previous ID codes from system memory.

Link naar reactie
  • Reacties 4
  • Aangemaakt
  • Laatste reactie

Beste reacties in dit topic

Populaire dagen

Beste reacties in dit topic

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Plak in plaats daarvan als platte tekst

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in