Ga naar inhoud

Z4 E85 Bluetooth module heeft weinig bass?

Aanbevolen berichten

Op 2-7-2022 om 20:04, Maurits zei:

Hi, I also have a pre-facelift with DSP (thus amplifier), 6 CD changer and the whole 2003 shebang. 

I simply have the module directly behind the head unit, with nothing else. No DSP converter, nothing else.

In fact this is the second Bluemusic installed in the pre-facelift roadster. Now with a mic for calls, the previous one did not have the mic and is now in my coupe (which had the OEM mic already). 

No issues whatsoever, with none of the modules in the roadster, despite DSP.

So are you sure there is no other issue? Is the Bluetooth volume on your phone at its maximum? Did you skip to CD2 in the menu?

Whaat, really? I solved it with the DSP converter and all that shennanigans haha, was a pain. Does your DSP use coax cables? how is your 6 CD changer wired up. now im curious. 

The HeadUnit method worked in terms of functionality, like skipping music on spotify, but no sound at all. Volume max both ways, i even blasted my hears by accidentally switching to FM to ensure that the speakers were functional. If im not mistake, the DSP expects a digital signal for sound, not analogue via the 6 pins, hence the need for the DSP.

Now i want to get to the root of this since we both essentially have the same scenario. Do you know what connectors go to your CD changer? 3 pin (ibus, 12v, gnd) and 6 pin or 3pin + a small coax cable? 

Maybe this is something we can clarify to help others that run into the same issue. The DSP converter method isnt the best. because the convertor needs 12V to run, didnt want to alter the original harness to get this 12V so i just used wire tapping devices (thanks to my colleague) to take 12V from the bluetooth module. these wire tap modules are the red blocks i taped together.  

coax.jpg

setup.jpg

Link naar reactie
  • Administrator

Interesting indeed.

I haven't taken the carpet in the boot apart, so I am not 100% sure, but RealOEM suggest that I should have CD changer part 65126913390, which is the one with the DSP connector at the place you indicate above, also as per Ebay picture of a used part:

CD changer from a BMW X5 2001

Cd Changer  BMW 65.12- 6913390 8364931

However, I am not sure that the DSP connector is the crucial item here. Reasons for saying that are:

- both in the UK and German forums most people with DSP do NOT use DSP connectors, also not for the earlier models CD changers; and

- the "original" BlueMusic modules are great if they function, but they ship faulty ones every now and then (various reports on people sending back the first one and then being replaced by new, working ones). So, your first one could also be a faulty one. Did you manage to test it in a different vehicle?

And to be 100% sure, you are using the "original" BlueMusic module with the print on the other side looking like this right?

bluemusic-bluetooth-audio-bmw-3-6pin-cd-wechsleranschluss.jpg

Link naar reactie
  • 2 weken later...

Hey Maurits,

Indeed it was the original Bluemusic module, with the head unit attachment, the seller did send over another one but i ended up buying the DSP converter kit and and the bluemusic with the dsp attachment, picture above from your post) (had a road trip so i really wanted to have some control over my spotify). Maybe it would have worked but other forums have mentioned something about having the Carver amplifier in 2003 models with its complications. I recently learned how to code the car and i noticed in one of the DSP modules, Head unit DSP was set to "nicht active", so possibily enabling it would have solved the issue, but then i assume that the music is then processed by the headunit and not by the separate amplifier itself. 

For now the complicated solution is working flawlessly, only issue is i need to wire my mic so, im waiting on an extension cable, which means i have to route the cable from the cabin to the trunk. Not hard, just need to remove a subwoofer grille but definitely more tedious than the solution you have 

on another note, If you look at the CD changer IO you see 2 ports, excluding the 3 pin power and ibus in the middle. one is the coax digital(which i sent a pic from my setup) and other is the 6 pin analogue. only one of the two have to be occupied. pre facelift (i) uses digital, post facelift (si) uses analogue. THe digital setups apparently cause complications 

Cheers the the pictures and info!

aangepast door weed_reza
Link naar reactie
  • Administrator

Thanks for the feedback!

Then anyone encountering problems with a direct install at the headunit having DSP should check their DSP settings first. First useful conclusion to draw from our joint experiences I would say. 🙂 

The more complicated route works without a doubt, but other lessons learned: this route has its own complications ((1) DSP module needs a power feed as per your above pictures; (2) the mic extension, though the latter is only relevant for the persons not having the OEM Bluetooth module).

Then there is also the cost aspect. Needing the DSP module roughly doubles the cost price, making the cap to other solutions (such as Dension / Bluebus modules with more features) smaller.

Link naar reactie

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Plak in plaats daarvan als platte tekst

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in