Ga naar inhoud

Z3 New member.

SOUTHERNBOY

Aanbevolen berichten

Hello all. I'm new to this forum, but have been a long time member at roadster.net in the UK. Maybe one or two members here will know me from that forum?

Anyhow, I have over the past years contributed to the Z3 in particular with some useful modifications which enhance the driving and appearance of these lovely cars. I have made a donation to the forum, and hopefully I will shortly be able to present these to the members here so that they too can enjoy the benefits of my efforts.

I have owned and driven a Z3 as a daily driver for the past 12 years and my first Z3 was a 1997 2.8. I spent some effort on it's maintenance and sold it in Nov 2013 for just over £.10,000.00.... yes, it's possibly the most expensive Z3 in South Africa. I will do a separate post with some pictures so that anyone interested can see the transition of that car from a very ordinary OEM Z3 to a really attractive Z3 roadster.

So far, I have designed an attractive solution to the breaking seat belt guide, a center armrest which doesn't require the plastic cupholder, a 100% safe seat lift modification which enhances the driving comfort and reduces the tendency to slide forward on the leather seats, and also most recently I make and supply clear headlight indicator lenses to replace the amber ones. All my items require no alterations to the OEM status of these cars, and are fully reversible.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to being a valued contributor on this forum and anyone interested in my history on roadster.net can pop in there and look at my posts / contributions... also under the name "SOUTHERNBOY"

• Like 1
Link naar reactie
  • Administrator

On behalf of the forum crew: welcome Southern boy! Good having our first South African contributor and we look forward to the descriptions of the modifications you mention above.

Link naar reactie

My Afrikaans is such that it would confuse rather than facilitate comprehension... However, I can keep it simple and say:- Goeie more almal. Ek is baie tevrede om op hierdie forum verwelkom... hopefully that makes as much sense to readers as I imagine it might... if I have messed up spelling etc or suggested anything untoward, it isn't intentional... :lol:

Link naar reactie

It's undoubtedly the most impressive Z3 in SA... nobody here has the degree of passion to bother much with looking after them and maintaining / improving them. The local guys are more the VW GTi types or the BMW M3 & 5 fanatics. The older e30's are more sought after by the "drifting" boys... :lol:

Link naar reactie

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Plak in plaats daarvan als platte tekst

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in